KanTong® Scanpan® Wok Competition
‐ Independents Exclusive
(Game of Skill)
CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
1. This KanTong® Scanpan® Wok competition ("Competition") is conducted by Mars Australia Pty Ltd, ABN 48 008 454 313, of 4 Corella Close, Berkeley Vale, NSW Australia 2261 ("Promoter").
2. The Competition is a game of skill in which chance plays no part.
3. Entry to the Competition constitutes acceptance of these conditions.
4. The Competition is only open to Eligible Entrants. An "Eligible Entrant" is an individual who, at the time of entry: (i) is a resident of Australia aged 18 years of age, or older; (ii) is not an employee of the Promoter any of its related corporations, or any of their agencies associated with the Competition; and (iv) is not a spouse, defacto spouse, parent, child or sibling (whether full, half, step or by adoption) of such an employee.
5. Competition entry opens at 09:00 hrs on 25/09/17 and closes at 17:00 hrs on 26/11/17 ("Entry Period"). All times and dates are times and dates in Sydney, which may be AEST or AEDT depending on the date. Where times are stated using the 24 hour clock. 00:00 hrs is the start of a day and 24:00 hrs is the end of a day.
6. A Qualifying Purchase is the purchase, in ONE transaction, from an IGA, Supa IGA, FoodWorks, or Foodland supermarket anywhere in Australia of any two, or more, KanTong® products (each a "Qualifying Product").
7. Subject to the other conditions, an Eligible Entrant may enter the Competition once for every Qualifying Purchase that they make during the Entry Period. IMPORTANT: If more than two Qualifying Products are purchased in the same transaction, there is still only ONE Qualifying Purchase. Accordingly only ONE entry may be submitted based on that Qualifying Purchase transaction.
8. Entry can only be made by internet. To submit an entry, an Eligible Entrant must, during the Entry Period and in the same browser session:
(i) use a compatible browser to visit the entry page at www.kantong.com.au/wokpromotion (the "Competition Website");
(ii) follow the directions there to describe in 25 words, or less, why Asian food makes their meal an experience and a taste for adventure (the "Description");
(iii) identify the two Qualifying Products in their Qualifying Purchase that are being used to enter;
(iv) provide the last 6 digits of the two Qualifying Products barcodes in their Qualifying Purchase; and
(v) provide all other details required by the Promoter, including the entrant’s first and last names, and e-mail address.
9. Each entrant's Description:
(a) be original and must have been created by the entrant;
(b) not be offensive or be likely to cause offence to other persons;
(c) be free of any claims, including copyright claims, by other parties; and
(d) not have been published previously or have won a prize or award in any other competition;
(ii) may include the KanTong® brand, but may not include any other brands (trademarks).
10. For each and every Qualifying Purchase that an Eligible Entrant uses to submit an entry, he/she MUST retain the IGA, Supa IGA, FoodWorks or Foodland supermarket receipt (original or copy) that was issued when that Qualifying Purchase was made.
11. Any cost associated with accessing the Competition Website is the entrant's responsibility and is dependent on the Internet service provider used.
12. All entrants must ensure that their entries are received by the Promoter during the Entry Period. The Promoter takes no responsibility for late or misdirected entries or for any delays or failures in any delivery service or equipment.
13. All entries to the Competition may be subject to verification and confirmation by the Promoter. An entrant MUST deliver to the Promoter (by a means determined by the Promoter) copies of any documents the Promoter may request establishing eligibility to enter or win, including evidence of age, residence, and identity. The Promoter may make one or more requests for such documents. Once the identity of documents available is established, an entrant must deliver requested copies within 7 days of being asked to do so. At the Promoter's request, an entrant MUST also, within 7 days of being asked, allow the Promoter to inspect and copy the original of any such document.
14. The Promoter may, at its absolute discretion, declare any or all entries made by an entrant invalid if the entrant: (i) fails to establish their entitlement to enter the Competition to the Promoter's satisfaction; or (ii) fails to produce items as required by condition 13 or produces items that, in the Promoter's opinion, are illegible, stolen, forged, altered, incomplete or tampered with in any way; or (iii) in the Promoter's opinion, tampers with the entry process or benefits from such tampering; or (iv) in the Promoter's opinion, submits an entry which is not in accordance with these conditions.
15. An entry by more than one person (ie a joint entry) is invalid.
JUDGING AND PRIZES
16. No later than 1/12/17, the Promoter will judge the Description in each valid entry.
17. The Descriptions will be judged on originality, creativity and authenticity (more is better) (the "Judging Criteria"). Equal weighting will be given to each of the Judging Criteria.
18. The Eligible Entrants whose Descriptions are judged to be the 100 best Descriptions according to the Judging Criteria will each win one Scanpan® 32cm Impact Wok valued at RRP $155.00 per unit including GST as at 31/05/17.
19. The Promoter takes no responsibility for any variations in value of the prizes.
20. A right to receive a Prize is not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as a monetary payment.
21. In order to be entitled to a Prize, the winner must, if requested by the Promoter, agree to and sign and return:
(i) an eligibility form confirming their compliance with the Conditions and eligibility to accept the Prize; and
(ii) a liability release, waiver and/or indemnity in favour of the Promoter and/or any person or other entity associated with this Competition.
A winner will forfeit his/her Prize if he/she fails to ensure that all documents relating to the Prize are signed and returned in accordance with this condition, as and when required by the Promoter.
IMPORTANT: If, after reasonable attempts by the Promoter to contact a winner, a prize is not claimed within one month of the date of judging the winning Description, the winner will automatically forfeit the prize and the Promoter reserves the right to award the unclaimed prize to the Eligible Entrant with the next best Description according to the Judging Criteria.
22. As a condition of entry, each entrant irrevocably grants to the Promoter a non-exclusive perpetual worldwide licence to use and exploit all intellectual property rights (including without limitation, copyright) in and to any text submitted as an entry or part of an entry ("Work") and consents to the Promoter doing (or omitting to do) any acts in respect of the Work which may otherwise constitute an infringement of the entrantís moral rights. For the avoidance of doubt, the Promoter may use all or any part of an entrant’s Work(s) for any purposes at its discretion, including, without limitation, using the entrant’s Work(s) for promotional, marketing or publicity purposes, whether in respect of this promotion, the Promoter, or otherwise. Each entrant warrants to the Promoter that the Work submitted is an original work of the entrant which does not infringe any rights of any third party. A breach of the warranty set out in this condition will result in the entrant’s entry being invalid. In addition, each entrant indemnifies the Promoter against all loss, damages and costs incurred by the Promoter arising from that entrant’s breach of the warranty set out in this condition.
23. If for any reason the conduct or operation of the Competition is interfered with or disrupted in any way (including by vandalism, power failures, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strikes, computer bugs or viruses, tampering or technical failures), the Promoter reserves the right to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend or recommence the Competition.
The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any tax liability incurred as a result of an entrant participating in the Competition. Entrants should obtain independent tax and financial advice.
If a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason, the Promoter will, in its absolute discretion, substitute alternative goods or services of no lesser retail value and/or specification, subject to the approval of the authorities that have issued permits for the conduct of the Competition. The Promoter accepts no other liability or responsibility for any loss incurred by a winner or any other party if a prize (or part of a prize) is unavailable for any reason.
24. The Promoter assumes no responsibility for: (i) any error, omission, interruption, or delay in the operation or transmission of any communication sent to (or by) the Promoter or any entrant, (ii) any theft, destruction or unauthorised access to, or alteration of such communications; (iii) any problem with, or technical malfunction of, any computer system or other equipment used for the conduct of the Competition; (iv) any incorrect or incomplete information which may be communicated in the course of the administering this Competition (whether as a result of one of the foregoing causes or otherwise).
25. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO CAUSE DAMAGE TO ANY WEBSITE OR THE INFORMATION ON ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS PROMOTION OR TO OTHERWISE UNDERMINE THE FAIR AND LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS COMPETITION MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. THE PROMOTER RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE EVENT THAT ANY SUCH ATTEMPT IS MADE, WHETHER OR NOT THAT ATTEMPT RESULTS IN ANY SUCH DAMAGE, INTERFERENCE OR UNDERMINING.
26. All of the Promoter’s decisions are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
27. To the full extent permitted by law, the Promoter, its associated companies and agencies and any of their personnel (the "Relevant Parties") exclude all liability for any loss (including any damage, claim, injury, cost or expense) which is suffered or incurred by any Eligible Entrant in connection with the Competition or Prizes, including: (i) any indirect, economic or consequential loss; (ii) any loss arising from the negligence of a Relevant Party; (iii) any liability for personal injury or death. Nothing in these conditions is intended to exclude, restrict or modify an entrant’s rights under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010.
28. The Promoter (we, us or our) collects your personal information when you submit an entry to this Competition.
30. If we do not collect the personal information you have provided in the entry form, you may not be able to submit a valid entry into the Competition and may not be able to receive communications about our brands, products and services which may be of interest to you.
31. We may disclose your personal information to our family of companies and to our vendors or service providers. We require these companies to comply with the Australian privacy laws that apply to your personal information.
33. If you need to contact us, or have any questions, please use the online contact form or the other contact details on our Contact Page.